Re: [Nautilus-list] Bugs 1457 and 1462

Hmmm. I hadn't thought of doing it this way. I will make it so.

Darin Adler wrote:

> on 8/22/00 6:52 PM, Kenneth Kocienda at kocienda eazel com wrote:
>
> > For 1462 - File names containing space don't launch right, your idea to
> > use single quotes won't work in one very important respect, and I quote
> > the bash man page: "Enclosing characters in single quotes preserves the
> > literal value of each character within the quotes. A single quote may
> > not occur between single quotes, even when preceded by a backslash."
>
> My approach for this was going to be the following:
>
>     to quote: a#d'x"x
>     you do this: 'a#d'\''x"x'
>
> This ends the quoting, inserts a single quote, and then starts the quoting
> again. So the quote character turns into the 4-character sequence '\''.
>
>     -- Darin

begin:vcard
n:Kocienda;Kenneth
tel;cell:415-235-9956
tel;fax:650-210-9922
tel;work:650-210-9920
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Eazel, Inc.
adr:;;1023 Corporation Way;Palo Alto;CA;94303;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:kocienda eazel com
title:Software Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0