[Nautilus-list] Nautilus Tracking file system changes made out of it.

I don't know if this is in your design plans are not, but it would be a
cool feature if I was to delete, change, or add a file from another
program outside nautilus (like a shell) that nautilus would see these
changes without it having to be refreshed (with the refresh button).  EFM
(Enlightenment File Manager) has this feature and I believe they use this
library from SGI called fam and a kernel patch called imon.  Fam is
released under the LGPL and imon on the GPL.  Information for both can be
found here http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/.  That is one solution to the
problem, maybe you have a better one.

Hayden A. James