Re: [Nautilus-list] slashdot, demo script and more

I ran into the same issues you're talking about. If you have 2 nautilus windows
open you can drag and drop between them to copy files. Obiously it would make
sense to be able to drop an icon on the tree view (god knows I tried it a few
dozen times).

One thing I'd like to be able to do is triggers of a sort. If I put in a floppy
with jpgs on it, upon mounting it can ask download your pictures to your
picture folder? Ease disk. ect. Would be a boon of simplicity for Mavica
Digital Camera owners.

Also, one thing that may seem very un-unix like and will probably get me flamed
into next week, maybe display the /mnt icons seperately from the tree view?
(AND in mnt of course)

Be able to flag directories as invisable to nautilus. I try like hell to set up
a "Sandbox" so to speak for my wife and she'll sometimes get lost and do
damage(Or something I love to do, let my 6 month old son sit on my lap and bang
on the keyboard (not suggested if you're logged in as root :) )). Besides,
hiding a few root level directories that are either empty (/net, ect) or
shouldn't be directly editied by a newbie (/etc) wouldn't be bad at all. Way I
see it, if you're editing anything in /etc you should probably be familiar with
vi and the command prompt, if you're not, you're probably best off using 100%
gui for system configuration. Better yet, rename etc to "Configure" and when
they click on it instead of seeing a bunch of files, it launches linuxconf or
that spiffy new system configuration tool that helixcode is working on.

One additional problem, directories with alot of files. I was toying around and
opened up my /dev directory. It took forever for it to do it. Is there
something that can maybe be done to make viewing directories that have *ALOT*
of files more viewable?

All in all, nautilus looks like it really going to blow everybody's doors off.
Congrats to you eazel pplz!