Re: [Muine] Gtk# 2.8?

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:38:34PM -0700, Tamara wrote:
> Currently, Muine depends on Gtk# 2.4.  A couple weeks ago, Gtk# 2.10 was
> released so it's been a little while since we've bumped up our
> requirements.
>
> Debian is generally the slowest of the bunch so we can usually judge by
> them whether or not to bump up our requirements.  Debian testing and
> unstable have Gtk# 2.8 but the backport to Debian stable is only at Gtk#
> 2.4.
>
> Debian testing (etch) is supposed to be released as stable (4.0!) by the
> end of the year.  That's another four months away.  Should we just wait
> until etch is released or should we bump up our version requirements
> now?

One generally bumps requirements when there's some new functionality we
actually need. There are a few things that are pending the new gtk#, but
nothing really critical. As such, I've been dragging my feet a bit on
commiting anything requiring gtk# 2.8. Probably at this point it doesn't
matter one way or another, so I'm not to worried if things go in that
require that version.

-pete