Re: [Muine] tag editing

Sorry if I am just re-hashing something that has already been discussed.

My main argument against this particular application of the old Unix
saying would be the non-technical user argument. Take my partner for
example, she started using Muine recently and when she added her whole
music folder a lot of stuff had the wrong id3 tag. She just said
'What? What is this?' pointing to the incorrectly named songs in
muine, and then (after finding no way to correct it in muine) tried to
fix the problem by renaming all her files putting the artist and song
into the filename. She was perfectly correct - this is the logical
thing she ought to think to do after muine offers no way to change the
info, she shouldn't be expected to have some pre-existing knowledge
about the technical system of id3 tagging.

Ofcourse if she'd continued with this task it would have led to
further confusion when her renaming had no effect in muine, ending in
frustration and probably the conclusion that muine doesn't work
properly.

She is not going to find out, unless someone happens to be there to
tell her, that music files have special tags that you can't see
encoded inside the file and that is what muine uses to get the song
info. She is not going to find out that there is another (never
installed by default) application called EasyTag or Cantus3 that she
has to use to correct all her id tags.

If she could click on the items in muine and edit the info, or choose
'edit song info' from a right-click menu there would be no problem and
she wouldn't even have to know about tags.

My second argument would be from the view of an experienced user - it
is easier to be able to quickly edit a songs info in muine when I
notice a mistake and never worry about looking through my music files
and folders, as I would have to in order to run a tag application on
every song I wanted to correct.

Do one thing and do it right, for sure, but I feel tag editing would
have a minimal impact on muine w.r.t to that design ethic and it
really would be useful and would complete the useful abstraction from
the underlying music files that muine creates. I feel that currently
that extraction is broken.

Has the muine development team come to a conclusion on this issue already, then?