Re: [Muine] Upgrade of dbus breaks Muine

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:54:59 -0800, Peter Johanson <latexer gentoo org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 04:31:24PM +0000, Mike Rhodes wrote:
> >
> > I have one further question, when I start up muine, output on the
> > command line is:
> >
> > $ muine
> > Failed to export D-Bus object: Unable to determine the address of the
> > message bus
> >
> > Any ideas here, things like hal seem to work fine so my dbus seems to
> > be okay. Though hal works over the system-bus, perhaps the session bus
> > isn't starting correctly... I shall check this out. Muine works fine,
> > however, though I haven't got anything that uses the dbus interface.
>
> muine uses the *user's* dbus session for all communications. The beagle
> wiki has more info on what this is, and how to set it up for your
> session.

Thanks for the lead; all works fine now. It fixed a problem I was
having with the Gnome hal/dbus/g-v-m too. For others, futher
information is at:

http://beaglewiki.org/index.php/Starting%20a%20D-BUS%20Session%20Bus

Mike.

--
"One should not aim at being possible to
understand but at being impossible to