Re: [Muine] QuitEvent for plugins and dbus (PATCH)

Hi,

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:54:02 +0200, Jorn Baayen <jbaayen gnome org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For plugins, this is not needed, as you can just do everything you need
> to do on quit in the destructor.

Yep, I agree.

> As for dbus, dbus clients are not started when the app is started, and
> there is no AppStarted signal or anything like that, so why would there
> be a Quit signal?

Well, I really think it's quite useful. The way I see it now is that
you create an external dbus aware program and hook into song and state
change signals. But if the user closes muine then the external dbus
app doesn't gets notified and it  waits forever for a song (or state)
change event...

If muine sends a quit signal or maybe a state change signal notifying
is closing the external app can respond quitting itself nicely (or
doing whatever...)  which increase considerably the possibilities of
controlling muine over dbus. Now pulling to check the connection over
time seems the only solution ...

  later,

--
Javier Ruiz Hidalgo <javier ruizhidalgo gmail com>