Re: [Muine] m4a support? (NEVERMIND)

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 22:51 -0800, Peter Johanson wrote:
> Yes, due to lawyers around the globe who wish ill upon us lowly coders,
> I've realized that mp4.h is licensed under MPL, and Muine is licensed
> with the GPL. *boom*.

Well, I was a bit confused at first, as in your patch you listed
FAAD_LIBS and faad is GPL, not MPL, but I guess the mp4.h you're using
is actually from MPEG4IP, which is MPL.  However, strangely enough here:
http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/features/index.php they list support for
aac in MPEG4IP via faad(2), which would presumably present the same
GPL/MPL clash that is the problem here.  Sometimes this licensing stuff
is a real headache.

--
Matthew Good <muine matt-good net>