Re: [Muine] muine & playlists

Well, the problem is that if we never purge the playlist, it will grow
endlessly until the user selects "clear played songs". Which I
personally really don't want to bother with: I just want to be able to
play and queue up the things I want to hear, not having to worry about
my weekly "muine cleansweeping session".

As for the repeat thing: If you want to recylce the playlist, this is in
a sense "repeating" the playlist. So I would think there is a fairly
clear connection between keeping the playlist intact, and the repeat
option. Maybe it's just me but.. anyway, it's impossible to please
everybody so I think the current way is how it will stay. Unless
somebody comes with a feasible alternative ..

> Of course, if what you propose is the "only right way" for Muine I
> would understand and just patch this behaviour for myself. Although I
> would still think that music player should not "imply" that I want
> anything when I didn't specifically tell it so.

Hmm, well, a bit of a different comment here: If it wasn't for implying
things we would still be in Gnome 1.x with zillions of strange config
options. And no HAL or anything like that :)

Cheers,
Jorn