Re: [Muine] muine & playlists

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:03:11 +0100, Jorn Baayen <jbaayen gnome org> wrote:
> If you want to keep the current playlist, it probably implies you want
> to play it again- checking the "Repeat" toggle will make sure the
> playlist is restored as a whole.

Uh, no, I don't want to repeat the playlist. I don't even like
auto-repeating of any kind. :-(

Sometimes I listen to specific tracks from different albums in no
particular order, and I simply don't want to half of my playlist to
disappear when I quit the player. Sometimes I just like to listen to
specific album several times (again in no particular order).

I don't really see any logical connection with the repeat option. I
want the player to stop when it reaches the end of playlist so (for
example) I could add some more stuff or click somewhere in the middle
of playlist to play any specific song I would like to.

Of course, if what you propose is the "only right way" for Muine I
would understand and just patch this behaviour for myself. Although I
would still think that music player should not "imply" that I want
anything when I didn't specifically tell it so.

Another thing, maybe Muine should just save the playlist _position_
when I quit the player, not automatically alter the playlist in any
way. This would solve my problem and would not break anything in
currently existing behaviour.

--
Andrew.