[Muine] Playlist expander plugin?

Hello,
Far ago Tamara posted a patch that made Muine´s playlist hideable
(with an expander arrow left to the ¨Playlist¨ label). Ever since then
Muine has changed quite a bit and I´m not sure the patch still works,
and I´ve moved to Ubuntu (from Gentoo) means I´m not so happy to
compile Muine from source now. Also, I think that having it as a
plugin can give the option the users without being bloat.

I´m not a coder, but I wanted to ask if it even possible to have
plugin do that, and if so, I´d be glad if someone could give a me a
few pointers (the patch was simple, and I hope that creating the
plugin will be too) so maybe I can do it myself.

Thanks,
Yo´av.