[Muine] segmentation fault

hello,
from a recent point now, i can hardly use muine and i rarely switch it on...i'm using ubuntu and i just upgraded the whole system to the newest packages. from then muine gives me segmentation fault. i import a folder - it gives me a segmentation fault and exits. today i decided to remove all traces of muine and then build it from source. i did all that. i switch it on and everything seems to work fine. i play a song, it plays till some random time and again it segfaults. i'm not quite aware what segmentation fault meas exactly and that's why i'm not able to fix the problem. is this fixable and what can be the source of the problem. i'm using muine 0.8.2 with the newest audioscrobbler plugin.
thanks in advance!