Re: [Muine] gratutious feature requests

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:27:20 +0200, Sunnan <sunnan handgranat org> wrote:
> On the one hand, the lack of this feature is driving me crazy, on the
> other hand, I'd never would've noticed it using an interface that was
> less convenient than Muine.

Heh ;)

> The pattern I have is that I sometimes pick out a long playlist
> (couple of hours), and let that roll, and then all of a sudden I (or a
> guest) think of a particular song to be played ASAP without disrupting
> the other tracks; I want it to be "enqueued after the current track",
> simply put, instead of what we now have to do - enqueue it at the end
> and drag it to after (which can be obnoxious if there's fifty tracks
> or so ahead of it).

Indeed. This was exactly what my sister suggested just a few days ago.
I am currently a bit busy with work and such, but the functionality
you want is in the works...unless someone comes up with it sooner ;P

> Oh, and here's another - a "repeat 1"-function (like most CD-players
> have) could be nice for when you're playing tabletop RPG's and have
> Muine on in the background; you pick the songs you want, have them
> repeating, and switch between them depending on scene/mood.

Yes, great idea!

With enough feedback from users and a few developers contributing
spare time, we could make Muine be a fresh, alternative, yet fully
featured music player for GNOME.