Re: [Muine] Re: Introducing Muine, Rhythmbox in 2.8 and other things

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 03:21, Mike Chavoustie wrote:
> Lee Willis wrote:
> > We did originally have a "first time" dialolg that tried to address the
> > problems you've encountered here, but we weren't entirely happy with it
> > (Part of the solution hinges on Jorn's hint in an earlier email about
> > having a standard Music directory - you might also like to check out
> > http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xdg/2004-February/003305.html). A nice
> > interface for this is one of the TODO items.
>
> A quick wizard might do the trick as well.  Rhythmbox (heh, I use this
> example all the time because that and iTunes [well, and Winamp] are the
> only music players I use) has a simple one on first use that allows you
> to point it at your music directory.

A wizard has been considered as well, and both Jorn and I thought that
was too much for an first time dialog. The alternative, not having one,
was more appealing.

However, the first time dialog has been put on hold since then, and no
real alternatives have shown up. Thus, it seems that a wizard is perhaps
become more and more as an viable alternative.

Viet Yen