[Muine] Upgrading from 0.4.0 to 0.5.0

Okay, I'm workin' on a 0.5.0 deb, and some users I've had test it have
all reported the same problem (and I've experienced it as well). After
installing 0.5.0, sometimes muine won't start, or it fails to import
additional music. I've found a work around to this, but its not sane
enough to upload. Removing the databases in ~/.gnome2/muine and
recusively unsetting the gconf keys allows muine to start up and work.
Now my question is this: is there any way to handle migrating smoothly
up from 0.4.0 to 0.5.0, within muine itself? Or is the only solution to
manually remove the keys and databases.
--
Link Dupont <link subpop net>