Re: [Muine] Multimedia Key Support

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 13:03, Lee Willis wrote:
> Version 3 is available at:
>
> http://www.leewillis.co.uk/muine/mmkeys_3.patch
>
> This has the following changes over version 2 :-
> - Tidies up the code to remove commented out code
> - Tidy up to match coding standards better
> - Support the "Refresh" key
>
> This last one is somewhat contentious, but I wanted a key that would
> bring up the "Play album" dialog, and out of all the keys acme lets you
> set up this seems the most useless, and therefore available for abuse!
>
> So, if you configure a "Refresh" key[1], you can have muine hidden away
> in your tray and press a key wherever you are on the desktop to queue up
> more songs - bliss ;)
>
> I'd like comments on what key we should actually use, my other
> possibilty would be to map the following:
>
> Play :- Play Album
> Pause :- Play/Pause toggle
> Next :- Next
> Prev :- Previous
>
> Would that make more sense? If so, then just replace XF86XK_Refresh with
> XF86XK_AudioPlay and you're away :)
>
> [1] If anyone has a multimedia keyboard with one of these on and can
> enlighten me as to what it is actually *supposed* to do I'd be grateful

Typically don't these multimedia keyboards come all "web-enabled"? I'll
bet the "refresh" button is for refreshing your Currently Viewed Web
Page In Internet Explorer (R) (TM) (C) (ABCDEFG).
Why you'd want that, I'm not sure... but its there none-the-less! Even
more useless (IMO) is the "Close window" key... I _know_ I would
accidentally hit it, when I was trying to hit another MMKey, and close
my current window. And that's really annoying. Just my 2/100th of a
dollar.