[Muine] Re: I just got Muine running on OS X

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 04:58 -0500, Michael Baehr wrote:

> Zaheer:  please check out http://dely.conio.net/osxaudiosink for my
> gst-inspect output, and http://dely.conio.net/gstlaunch for the
> verbose (level 3) output of gst-launch sinesrc ! osxaudiosink ... and
> of course, many thanks for osxaudiosink!

Hi Michael,

osxaudiosink has fixed capabilities of 44100, stereo, float...so your
default audiosink should probably be:

audioscale ! audioscale ! audioscale ! audioconvert ! osxaudiosink

I have specified 3 audioscales, as audioscale can only scale to a max of
double the passed-in sample rate.  So that mini-pipeline would allow
audio files even with sample rates of 8000Hz to be able to play.

For sinesrc test, do: gst-launch-0.8 sinesrc ! audioconvert !
osxaudiosink

This is because sinesrc can only produce audio/x-raw-int while
osxaudiosink needs audio/x-raw-float

Thanks for the feedback, its great to see ppl using GStreamer with OSX.

Take Care

--
Zaheer Abbas Merali <zaheerabbas merali org>