[Muine] Xine vs. Gstreamer

Based on a discussion in #archlinux I had about the xine vs. gstreamer
backend question, I now pose this to the list: why was xine selected
over gstreamer? What features does xine provide that gstreamer doesn't?
Is xine just more stable? The results will determine whether Arch
Linux's muine package is xine-enabled or gstreamer-enabled, so be
opinionated. Unless you want to support some users who's muine is
compiled against the lesser of the two backends.
Cheers, Link
--
Link Dupont <link subpop net>