Re: [Muine] Debian Segmentation Fault

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, David S. H. Giraud wrote:

> After apt-getting muine in Debian Unstable I come across:
>
> dgiraud debian:~$ muine
>
> Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
> in (unmanaged) (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.Thread:Sleep_internal (int)
> in <0x00004> (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.Thread:Sleep_internal (int)
> in <0x00064> System.Threading.Thread:Sleep (int)
> in <0x0006d> ActionThread:RunThread ()
> in <0x00053> (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.MulticastDelegate:invoke_void ()
>
> /usr/bin/muine: line 3: 29466 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/mono /usr/share/dotnet/muine/muine.exe "$@"
> dgiraud debian:~$
>

> Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm the debian maintainer now after Link Dupont who had to give it up
for now due to time pressures.

This crash is a known problem with the mono runtime in Debian, not muine.
The muine binary works with the older monos (<0.97) and works with the
CVS mono (1.0 or thereabouts).  So this is waiting for the debian
upload of the mono 1.0.

There are a bunch of bug reports about it and I've added one to track
it under the muine package at

Otherwise see

Dave