Re: [Muine] Muine UI idea for the future

Jorn wrote:
> Alright. When I first saw the mockups I had a few seconds of confusion..
> eyes dancing around the mockup to "index" everything and get the UI
> model into my mind. It took like 3 seconds.. which is quite a lot of
> time for something as simple as a music player. Bad sign.
> (Yea, I daresay the current UI is a lot easier to "index" :P )

I think the problem was because I had too many windows on the same mockup
image, not because the UI itself of one of the apps showing is complicated.

Regarding internet radio, I believe it is a must-have on any music player.
Personally, I mostly that's what I actually use for my music. As a user, I
don't want a different app for internet radio and a different app for
playing local music. I think that defeats the purpose of the "music player"
and adds unessasery complexity in the applications a user could daily use.
Music is music, no matter if it comes from your hard drive or from a distant
server.

Anyways, you convinced me, I think it would best if the visualization would
be on its own window, and so I created the last mockup for Muine with the
visualization on its own window. This simplifies things A LOT for both the
user and the programmer, because you don't have to shuffle views around, you
always have the playlist and the playback on the same window and on the same
position (except when on the mini-modes). Here it is:
http://www.osnews.com/img/5837/muine4.png

Eugenia