Re: [Muine] Muine UI idea for the future

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 17:52, Jorn Baayen wrote:

Hi,

> > > Not sure what you mean with accelerators? Like, going with your mouse
> > > over the tray icon and pressing keys? I think it would be kinda crack..
> > > it's just as easy, when you have moved your mouse there anyway, is to
> > > click, press 'n' for next and press escape to close the window again..
> > > (that sounds like crack too, i know, but less crack than having specific
> > > keybindings :P )
> >
> > The term accelerator is badly chosed by me. I actually mean some kind of
> > minimenu which will be activated by a right-mouse click.
>
> Ah ok.. well.. that's something I personally see as crack. It's like..
> have you ever used the context menu on one of the tiny-tiny notification
> area icons? I sure haven't ... and that isn't gonna change..
>
> I think it's an interesting and useful challenge to try to design a
> piece of software that Just Works.. meaning.. no context menus,
> preferences, or any complicated UI like that ..

Part of this email went by private by accident.

Anyway, well, I certainly use those context menu's although I must say
that I am not the average user and you are right saying that
context-menu's do suck.

Another option might be an applet for the panel with two buttons
pause/play and next song as I believe that these are the two most used
buttons in Muine.

Viet Yen