[Muine] No Sound Playback (Weird Issue)

Hi guys,

I'm having a pretty curious issue with muine from Debian Unstable
(0.5.3-4).  Basically, I get no sound output despite other xine-libs
apps like Totem and Rhythmbox functioning perfectly.  Link (subpop)
helped me out tonight in #muine and we hit a wall after clobbering
muine's database (and gconf keys) and starting from scratch.  It seems
that both mp3s and oggs of varying length, speed, ripper, etc can
reproduce the problem.  I didn't want to file a bug with Debian or on
b.g.o since it seems pretty specific to this machine.  One thing I have
not tried is rebuilding the deb from source, but I doubt that this is
the issue.  Also, other versions of Muine have worked, specifically,
0.4.0-8, however, reverting back to that version does not solve the
problem.  Is there some way that I could enable debug mode so that I
could provide more information?  I'm sorry this report is decidedly
vague, but it seems to be almost random that this machine has no muine
output.

Thanks for any help you can give.  Muine is a wonderful program with an
excellent interface and I would hate to give up using it.

-Brad

--
Brad Taylor
Genome Software LLC