Re: [Muine] Info dialogs revisited

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 00:58, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also did a proposal on information dialogs. It's here:
> http://huizen.dds.nl/~jbaayen/infodialog-proposal.html
>
> (Obviously heavily inspired by Lars' mockups :) )
>
> Again, comments appreciated!

Hell, it is late for me, but if I don't reply now, I'll probably forget
it to do tomorrow ;)

First, I think they are very intuitive and should be very usable for the
common user. However, I want to mention some details about these mockups
that should not be left out.

The details that should not be overlooked are "graying out" the options.
For example, the album information dialog, if an album does not have a
cover (because it is not found or some other reason), the user should
not press the "Remove album cover" button. Therefore, I believe this
should be grayed out.

The same goes for the "Move Up", "Move Down", "Track Details" and
"Remove" buttons on the other dialogs, in case a selection has not been
made.

Lastly, I think that the artist/performer dialog would be more concise
if the "Add" and "Remove" buttons would be named respectively "Add
Artist/Performer" and "Remove Artist/Performer",

However, this leads to the problem of too large buttons... Perhaps
someone else has an idea to solve that.

And another thing, perhaps the following is not a real problem, but for
if a user, for example, only wants to change the genres of a song, the
user would need to navigate three windows deep into the application,
which is quite far. This amount of memorisation looks minimal, but for
applications as Word and Excel it has been proved that this amount is
actually too much states to memorise. On the other hand, their GUI is
not as intuitive as Muine's ;)

Viet Yen