Re: [mousetrap-list] Python3 Debugger

Hi Elise,

I don’t think there is a preferred tool. So use your favorite. If you are looking for a tool, here is a list of tools for debugging in Python that you might try. (I’ve never used them.)

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonDebuggingTools

To debug, I instrument the code with debug statements via the logger (see src/mousetrap/plugins/eyes.py for an example). To enable logging of debug messages:

1. Dump moustrap’s configuration:
mousetrap --dump-annotated > ~/.mousetrap.yaml
2. Edit ~/.mousetrap.yaml and change logging -> handlers -> level from INFO to DEBUG.
More information on logging in Python: https://docs.python.org/3.4/howto/logging.html

—
Stoney Jackson, Ph.D.
(aka: Herman Lee Jackson II)