Re: Seeking volunteer to work on Texas Instruments TI

Koen:

Sorry to be dense, but what kind of work do you mean? I'm running 2.28.x on my zoom2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/koenkooi/4450623239/

So the "getting GNOME software working on it" part has been done for some months now.

The performance is OK after patching pixman with NEON patches and disabling a shitload of background services (tracker, volume-applet, etc). 256MB of ram is just not enough for a standard GNOME desktop :(

"Working" is not really a true or false boolean.  I am sure there are
many opportunities to make GNOME work better and perform better.  For
example, perhaps there are certain applications that could benefit from
some UI improvements to make them scale better when used with small
devices and small screens.

The GNOME Foundation is open to any proposals to improve GNOME using the
Zoom2 as a development platform.  We are mainly looking for people with
a serious interest in doing GNOME development work on this platform.

Brian