[no subject]

Other parts e.g. network connection management need quite obviously
additional higher level services like connman to globally manage network
connections since oFono will only provide services for mobile phone
based networks.

So some parts create a stack on their own, some other parts could be
fitted to other parts. From what I gather it is not expected to be a
*complete* smartphone stack solution. It is only intended as abstraction
for higher level functions of a GSM/3G modem. A lot of other smartphone
functioniality is left out by intent, like PIM, connection management
(see above), synchronisation, messaging (except for SMS), etc.

Marcel talks (yes, not an official statement, I know, so we should not
over stress this) about applications that are supposed to use the oFono
APIs and this confuses me a little. If oFono would "just" be designed as
an abstraction of the GSM/3G details exposing a higher level DBus API
but expecting higher level service APIs on top of it I would be pretty
fine with it.
But I think it is too limited to be used by aplications directly.

So yes, I think it could be made a Gnome/mobile component.
But FSO could be also - and it offers a broader scope which will help
application developers to get a consistent API.

> Thanks,
> Stormy
>> Cheers,
>> Dave.
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de