Mobile line-up for GUADEC

Hi all,

After some wrangling, we have a fairly spectacular mobile-related line-up for Gran Canaria this year - including a full mobile day track which I talked about before, but which has seen some changes recently. In particularly, there are now two additions related to Moblin, one concerning the synchronisation software which Intel recently made public (Monday, 10:00) and another related to the design of the Moblin user interface (Wednesday, 12:00).

Here's all of the GNOME Mobile related content throughout the conference, highlighted for your pleasure. There is especially huge amount of mobile platform related content in the cross-desktop track on Sunday morning, although given that our goal here at GNOME Mobile is to have our normal desktop platform be usable in mobile platforms, and to achieve that goal we are standardising and moving to well defined interfaces as much as possible, perhaps that is not unexpected.

As I said to you before, this is GUADEC, it is very much technology oriented, and this is absolutely the best place to go to see the present and the future of the GNOME platform. It is also a great opportunity for us to gather a critical mass of mobile platform developers together in one place, and figure out what needs to happen to the platform for mobile in the near future.

I'd like to get an idea how many people I should expect for the mobile BOF at the end of Wednesday so I'd appreciate it if people would let me know off-list if they're planning on attending.

Thanks!
Dave.

And here, without further ado, is the Mobile Related Gran Canaria Desktop Summit schedule.

Saturday July 4th: http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/239

Morning (around 11am):
Keynote: Walter Bender, Sugar Foundation

Afternoon:
15h: Quim Gil, Nokia: Maemo Harmattan architecture: Qt and more

Sunday morning July 5th (cross-desktop track): http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/265

10.00 - 10.30: 	State of Text Rendering
		Behdad Esfahbod

		Audio on the Free Desktop
		Lennart Poettering

10.30 - 11.00: 	Tracker: Metadata central storage for the Desktop
		Ivan Frade

		Toward GStreamer 1.0
		Jan Schmidt

		Power management
		Matthew Garrett

11.30 - 12.00: 	The location-aware desktop
		Henri Bergius and Pierre-Luc Beaudoin

		ConnMan: New Connection Manager
		Marcel Holtmann

		Animated UI technologies in maemo 5 (Fremantle)
		Kate Alhola

12.00 - 12.30:	Bluetooth on Linux: the saga continues
		Bastien Nocera

		WebKit combined GTK+/Qt talk
		Simon Hausmann, Alp Toker, Holger Freyther

12.30 - 13.00:	Profiling and Optimizing D-Bus APIs
		Will Thompson

		Integrating VideoConferencing into Everyday Applications
		Olivier Crete

Sunday afternoon July 5th (GUADEC): http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/268

17:00 - 17:45:	Sipping Mojitos and thinking RESTful thoughts
		Rob Bradford

17:45 - 18:30:	State of Clutter
		Emmanuele Bassi

Monday July 6th (GUADEC): http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/269

10:00 - 10:45:	WebKitGTK+
		Xan Lopez

		Synchronization: From the SyncML Protocol to Free and
		Open Implementations
		Patrick Ohly

12:00 - 12:45: 	Modest: Creating a modern mobile email client with
		gnome technologies
		José Dapena Paz

15:45 - 16:30:	Vala: Compiler for the GObject type system
		Jürg Billeter

Tuesday July 7th (GUADEC): http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/270

10:00 - 10:45:	The Hynerian Empire and beyond
		Zeeshan Ali

		Cally: Clutter Accessibility Implementation Library
		API

11:00 - 11:45: 	Building complex UI animations in Clutter 1.0
		Chris Lord

12:00 - 12:45: 	Personal Media Networks with Coherence and
		Telepathy D-Tubes
		Philippe Normand

		Glitter Widget Toolkit
		Jan Jokela

Wednesday July 8th (GUADEC - Mobile Track): http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/271 - not yet up to date

10:00 - 10:45: 	Hildon: new GTK+ widgets for mobile devices
		Alberto Garcia Gonzalez, Alejandro Garcia Castro, &
		Claudio Saavedra

11:00 - 11:45: 	Multimedia in your pocket
		Stefan Kost

12:00 - 12:45:	Designing Moblin-Netbook. A free desktop on a
		7-10" Screen
		Nick Richards

14:00 - 14:45: 	Hildon desktop in Maemo 5
		Kimmo Hämäläinen

15:00 - 15:45:	MAFW: the Media Application Framework for Maemo
		Iago Toral

16:00 - 16:45:	Why is it easier to re-invent rather than participate on
		the mobile?
		Shreyas Srinivasan

17:00 - 17:45:	ContextKit, A New Kit on the Block
		Marius Vollmer

18:00 - 19:00: 	GNOME Mobile BOF

Thursday July 9th (GUADEC): BOFs & workshops: http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/272

15:00 - 17:00: 	Integrating streamanalyzer with tracker BoF (1 hour)
		Ontology BoF (1 hour)
		Rob Taylor

17:00 - 19:00: Hands on the new Hildon Tutorial
		Iván Gómez and Joaquim Rocha

		Audio on the Free Desktop BoF
		Lennart Poettering

		Application developers' aid to RDF and SPARQL BoF
		Rob Taylor

And for those still around on Friday:

Friday July 10th (GUADEC): BOFs & workshops: http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/273

17:00 - 18:30: 	GNOME and the UPnP World BoF
		Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)

Although if I were Zeeshan I would be looking to get that BOF moved to the morning or start of the afternoon myself.
--
Dave Neary
GNOME Foundation member