Re: Reminder: SFO call for action - aka questionnaire

> About you:
> 1. Please describe your background a little bit, i.e. what are you
> working on that made you interested in Gnome/mobile? If it helps us
> understand your background, who are you working for?
I am a community developer for Ubuntu Mobile, author of a book
Professional Ubuntu Mobile Development due for release this year and I
work @ INdT in Brazil

> When you first heard of Gnome/mobile:
> 2. What did you think it to be? Please be as frank as possible - what
> were your really *first* thoughts?
A gnome like UI for a mobile device

> 3. What did you expect from it? What did you hope to see as a result
> from it?
A bunch of technologies which can be remixed into a cool user interface.

> 4. Why did you join the group? Do you feel like a "member" at all? If
> not, why not?
I joined to keep up with what is happening. It is not very clear what
being a member brings or entails

> 5. Did it match your expectations? If not, why? If yes, how?
A a nascent community it is cool..i like gnome mobile.

> 6. Is there something like a top-three of most important goals that you
> (personally, not thinking of the group as a whole) would like to see
> addressed by Gnome/mobile? (Three would be great, one is enough too)
Innovation
Stability
Cohesion of experience

Personally much more emphasis on web technologies

> 7. How do you perceive Gnome/mobile today? What is missing? What is too
> much? What is / could be Gnome/mobile's first priority goal? And second?
Do a remix gnome mobile UI..one every 3 months or so to highlight key
technologies with tech guides on how it was achieved

> Technically:
> 8. What do you think should qualify a platform for being a Gnome/mobile
> platform? A specific set of components used? If yes, which components?
I am not sure I know to be honest

> 9. Or should there be a formal qualification process? If yes, what would
> be your idea about it? If not, why not?
It might help with OEM adoption

> 10. What should be the technology goals of Gnome/mobile? Like creating a
> toolbox rather than a product? Or collaboration and information
> infrastructure rather than a development project?
IMO Gnome mobile should be about easily customizable pieces of high quality code

> everyone interested is welcome and can at once participate. Would you
> like to see this a little more formally structured? Like a formal
> membership, application process, levels of membership, voting processes,
> etc.? Or would like to see it grow as is, a group connected by ideas and
> consensus rather than rules? Other ideas?
I like the Open web Foundation - there are some specifications about
what the open web means and how to follow its social contract. Maybe
something like this might work for Gnome Mobile?

> Comments:
> 11. Anything else? Did we forget something? Any additional comments?
> Thoughts?
I feel really proud to be a part of Gnome Mobile  - getting new
members to feel this too helps them stick around :)

Ian

--

http://ianlawrence.info