Re: GNOME Mobile 2009: what do you want to see?

> Your name:

Peter Robinson

Peter Robinson

> How long you've been hanging out here:

About 6 months, but dealing with gnome in general a lot longer

> Why you are interested in GNOME Mobile:

Primarily at the moment in OLPC and Netbook fashion, but also looking at MIDs

> How you plan to use GNOME Mobile:

Not directly.

> What you plan to contribute:

I maintain a number of gnome mobile based packages in Fedora including
gupnp*, GeoClue, gypsy, tangogps etc I'm also involved in the Fedora
Mini and OLPC side of things within Fedora.

> What'd you like to see from GNOME Mobile:

Integration of some of the forked technologies in mainline gnome. The
two that come to mind is evolution-data-server and GConf2 with the
dbus forks for gnome mobile. The sooner things like this are upstream
in mainline gnome is makes it easier for downstream to get core gnome
mobile technologies in mainline distro like Fedora without having to
fork things and maintain them separately.

Peter