Re: Module additions

Hi,

Ross, thanks for the initial list!

Dave Neary schrieb:
>> * PulseAudio
>>
>> Maemo 5 (alpha) and Moblin 2 (alpha) both use PulseAudio.  It enables
>> some very magic features like transparently switching from internal
>> headphones to Bluetooth headset.  It is also being used by GNOME 2.26.
>> I propose we add this.
>>

> One proviso: there has been some feedback about PA not working so well
> in certain usecases (usually with multiple sound interfaces) and
> hardware (notably, they list intel-hda in their site, which seems like a
> popular chip). Is anyone here working on integrating PA into their
> stack, and doing aggressive QA & fixing on it?

The situation is different on the mobile business. There we can ensure
to have a working driver (in theory). One area that imho needs work in
pulse is a public plugin api. Still I agree that it would be nice to
have it added.

Any ideas about synchronisation. How is conduit evolving? It is proposed
fro desktop inclussion. Anyone using that on top of gnome-mobile?

Stefan