Re: Eclipse?

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 10:37 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Stormy Peters schrieb:
> > How many of you use Eclipse in conjunction with your work with GNOME
> > Mobile technologies?
> >
> > Should we talk to the Eclipse Tools for mobile Linux project about
> > including GNOME mobile technologies?
> >
> > http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tml/
> it looks interesting. In nokia we have quite heterogenios bunch of
> developers. They use everything from emacs, vi, jedit, gedit, anjuta and
> eclipse. Regarding gnome mobile, I would  prefer anjuta.

We have a similar range of editors in use, but no-one using Eclipse.
However I think that BugLabs are using Eclipse and integrating OE/Poky
and GNOME Mobile - don't know if they're using TmL. There is already a
Poky plugin for Anjuta.

I think this is a likely pattern though - experienced FOSS hackers are
going to use their tool of choice, whereas beginers, 3rd party ISVs
(whether a company or individual), or enterprise dev shops are more like
to be attracted to (and maybe standardise on) more integrated
environments like Eclipse or Anjuta. So while Eclipse usage may be low
within GNOME (Mobile) is would still be worth seeing if it can be
included in TmL for the wider audience.

Paul