Re: Ubuntu released GNOME based ubuntu-mobile image

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008, Stormy Peters wrote:
> http://ograblog.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/announcing-the-first-ubuntu-mobile-image/
>
> Ubuntu has release two mobile images today. One targeted at smaller screens
> and based on Moblin. The second image is targeted at slightly larger screens
> (7-9") and is based on GNOME.

 The first image is derived from the one we maintained over the hardy
 cycle; the remaining moblin (1) bits are something like:
 - the lpia architecture
 - midbrowser
 - applets / settings
 (we don't use any of the moblin launchers or the image creation tool /
 installer anymore, or the configs, media player etc.)

 So it's a Hildon + Moblin 1 desktop so to speak.

 The second image is derived from software found in Ubuntu Netbook
 Remix, and is not built daily yet.  It's more suitable for netbooks.

 We intend to release both images with intrepid.

--
Loïc Minier