gnome-desktop on omap3

Hello team,

First of all please excuse me for my questions if they seem trivial or
if they have already been discussed on this mailing list though I have
done much googling for this information.

I'm trying to port gnome-desktop on omap3 with Directfb backend. So
far it was going good untill I got stuck at compiling "gail", as it is
one of the mandatory dependencies of "libgnomeui"

I was cross-compiling GAIL(gail-1.22.3), GNOME Accessibility
Implementation Library, with Directfb(DirectFB-1.2.6) back-end.
But firstly, GAIL configuration is statically linking me to X11
libraries which I don't have then compiling it, by manually removing
x11 dependencies in my Makefiles, it gave me an error during
compilation, which says:

---------------------------------
gailwindow.c:1093:2: error: #error Port to this GDK backend
make[2]: *** [gailwindow.lo] Error 1
---------------------------------

I checked in the code(gail/gailwindow.c) and as per my understanding I
couldn't find any Windowing system implemented for directfb like
"GDK_WINDOWING_DIRECTFB" as it is defined for X11 (GDK_WINDOWING_X11)
and WIN32 (GDK_WINDOWING_WIN32). Is it correct or I interpreted it
wrongly?

If it is so, then can anyone please tell me if there is any patch
available to enable GAIL on Directfb backend or is there any
workaround available for this? Any help on this will be appreciated.

Also is it even possible to install Gnome-dektop with Directfb backend?

Thanks for your concern.

Regards
Amit Pundir

PS: I have also posted this query on gnome-accessibility and Directfb
mailing list.