Re: Goal for GNOME Mobile?

What's missing? The clearly enunciated set of mobile specific features
and goals. Stormy, is that what you were getting at?

I think we are missing a vision. What will GNOME Mobile be? What's our dream for it? And then what are a couple of specific goals, short term ones as well as the big goal/vision that will get us there.

A set of technologies that people pick and choose from isn't a vision. A set of technologies that enable a complete open source solution on all mobile devices/chipsets, enabling mobile vendors to customize the software to meet their customer needs while at the same time providing a standard platform for application developers ... hmm, I'm getting a bit wordy. But my point is that we need a vision for GNOME Mobile that is more than just "some technologies that lots of vendors happen to use some of."

Stormy