Re: Goal for GNOME Mobile?

>  We certainly lack new applications:
>   * mapping software (GPS assisted or not!)
>   * photo taking app (cheese is really a photo booth; it doesn't
>     provide UIs for e.g. selecting the active webcam, disabling the
>     flash, triggering autofocus etc.)
>  or simply alternatives to the GNOME Desktop apps which would be
>  suitable for small screens, touchscreens, full screen usage such as web
>  browsers, PIM, games etc.

Add to that SMS, dialer, etc for a phone platform if we want to
compete with Android. I think in a lot of cases there are a lot of
these around already but would need to be pulled into the gnome
platform. The PIM stuff from the OpenHand guys (its called Pimlico I
think) which already uses evolution-data-server. Dialer and SMS would
need to integrate into e-d-s as well. It would be good to see
something like this as the OpenMoko phone was originally going to be
all gnome but has fragmented somewhat away from it.

Peter