RE: Hackfest proposed (was RE: Summary of GNOME Mobile GUADEC BOF)

Hi,

> Focusing on tracker is a little risky imho as it is a bit of a
> hot potato among developers.

Do you mean for the Beagle/Tracker competition or...? I wonder how
relevant is that from a mobile perspective.

If there are non-technical things (I remember some complaints when
Tracker/Jamie landed in the GNOME context, do you mean that?) that can
be improved, a hackfest is definitely a way to help getting them
improved.

>> Having a hackfest on GSM telephony stuff funded by Nokia around the
>> Maemo Summit would send a big and totally wrong message not only to
>> GNOME but to the whole mobile industry.
>>

> Oops sorry - I was thinking about this in a GNOME Mobile
> context not a purely Maemo one.

I'm not talking from a purely Maemo context (e.g. Tracker is developed
and used by many others) but since Maemo is covering the budget it would
be good to hack on something that Maemo can actually benefit from.

The time is running and whoever is affected will need to arrange plans
to be in the hackfest. We should have a decision by, say, Friday. I will
keep Tracker as candidate to beat. In a worst case scenario we will
arrange the hackfeast without mentioning GNOME. A bit sad in the
marketing side but in terms of progress and code is just the same.  :)

Quim