Re: WebKit release cycle and dependency request

Le mercredi 16 avril 2008, à 12:25 +0100, Ross Burton a écrit :
> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 08:10 +0100, Alp Toker wrote:
> > I'm also taking this opportunity to request an external dependency for
> > GNOME and to poke Ross about including WebKit in the Mobile Platform
> > (not much happened since it was proposed in June).
>
> As much as I'm a WebKit fan, we're (OpenedHand, that is) are trying to
> replicate Chris Blizzard's performance/size/etc results for the "mobile"
> Firefox 3 to see what the results are like.  The problem is I'm torn
> over saying "WebKit/GTK+ is in the platform", or wimping out and
> recommending both WebKit/GTK+ and Firefox 3.  Currently I'm leaning
> towards putting WebKit/GTK+ in the platform, and if people wish to use
> Gecko, they can.

What about waiting the decision for the WebKit as a GNOME external dep
and taking a consistent decision with this? :-)

My point is that I'd have to have a GNOME Mobile Platform that is going
to be totally different from the rest of GNOME...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.