From: Naveen Verma <ernaveenverma gmail com>
To: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
Cc: Philip Van Hoof <pvanhoof gnome org>; mobile-devel-list gnome org; Allen Wang <allen well yahoo com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:02:28 PM
Subject: Re: where to go

Hi,

On 5/30/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for you kind information. But as a beginner it is a bit difficult to find some area where we can start contribution. One reason is I don't know whats going on in this direction so that I can select some are and start looking at it.

So it would be great if I can get some idea what is the plan and what is ongoing that will help us to find a way to start.

-Regards
Naveen

Le mercredi 23 mai 2007, à 11:53 +0200, Philip Van Hoof a écrit :
> > How to become a developer to contribute to this project?  GMAE have
> > already selected teams and developers or you are still recruiting
> > resource ?  Thanks again.
>

> The best way is to join one or more of the project's mailing lists, talk
> with people about your intentions with the software, start providing
> patches.

I just want to add one more word about this: the first step for
contributing is really yours. Join mailing lists, listen, try to know
where help is needed, be curious, find an area you're interested in (it
can be code, but it can also be non-code stuff, like bug triaging,
documentation, etc.), try to solve a small problem that is bothering
you. And have fun.

You really shouldn't wait for people to tell you what to do. There are
really many areas where you can help. Just find one.

And if you have difficulties finding what you can do, just tell us what
you'd love to do and I'm sure we'll be able to show you where you can
help..

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.