[mlview-list] PHP & the website

Hey everyone,

If it is possible, I think we would do better to use php because of the navigation and header parts of the site. Whenever we make changes to the navigation section, it becomes unnecessarily laborious to make the same changes for all the other pages. It increases the likelihood of human error, like inconsistent navigation across the site. This is, of course, the old problem of static sites. With php we could focus more on the content and updates and less on updating a dozen pages when only one conceptual change was needed. I'm not sure whether the server has php capability, but it is easy to check. Just upload a php file (like the phpinfo file I've attached). Then, just visit the page. If php is available you'll see the specs for the particular php version used on the server. Anyway, I don't mean to beat a dead horse...

Also on the navigation topic, anyone else think we should get rid of the links page? I originally put it there, but it seems kinda old school. Nobody uses "links" pages anymore. And, it would simplify the navigation while eliminating the task of adding "links" content :)

--scott