[mlview-list] A very newbie question.

I am using mlview for the first time. I used it to edit a very simple
XML file which is a valid XML file, but does not contain an <?xml...>
line. Since it is not mandatory for the XML file to be valid, even if
recommended, and since this file is part of another software package I
want to contribute to. There is two problems with mlview.

1) The <?xml...?> line is added without regard to the original file
2) All the blank lines are removed.

So, the result is when building a patch it's like if I changed the
whole content of the file, even if I just modified a single line.

Everything will be very nice if everyone would use mlview to edit
these XML files, but that's not the case and some are just using a
plain text editor where the blank lines are making sense for them,
while doesn't at all for me with mlview.

So, is there any plan to modify mlview in order to respect the
original file blanks, blank lines and no <?xml...?> line since these
are not XML conformance violations?

--
Daniel Savard