Re: [mlview-list] MlView User Doc

mtidjani free fr wrote:

Quoting Bart Vanherck <herckb telenet be>:

Hello,

I want to help with making some documentation, but I have a little
problem.
The xml file could be found at :

http://mtidjani.free.fr/mlview-user-manual001.xml
I wanted to make a pdf from your document, but it did not work.
How did you make a html page out of this xml file?
I do not know what I am doing wrong, but it has never worked for
me to output an pdf or html file out an xml file. With sgml everything
works always.
Propably I do a wrong command because I do have the docbook-xml-dtd
extensions installed. Can you give me a hint ?

Hi Bart, thank you for you mail and sorry for my late response.
to produce html out put, you can use one of the following command

-> yelp mlview-user-manual001.xml

->xsltproc /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/html/docbook.xsl
gnome-app-template-mlview-tutorial003.xml >> mymaual.html

I don't know the command/tools to create a pdf document from xml file.
may be someone else could help.
To convert XML to pdf you can use fop
(http://www.signal42.com/mirrors/apache/xml/fop/). Getting fop working
is a bit ridiculous. Attached is a pdf I made using the fop command:

/path/to/fop.sh -xml mlview-user-manual001.xml -xsl /path/to/docbook.xsl
-pdf mlview-user-manual001.pdf

The result is a little rough looking, but it works. If anyone else knows
of an easier way, I'd like to know it.

Regards,
Scott