Re: metacity installs an invalid desktop file

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
> Ysgrifennodd Matthias Clasen:

> If we remove the lines
>
>  [Window Manager]
>  SessionManaged=true
>
> and make a new release of 2.23.x, will that be sufficient?  I don't know
> what those lines were for; they haven't been touched since May 2002.

Sure, that would make the desktop file valid. I looked through
suspicious pieces of code (control-center, gnome-session), but
couldn't find any use of the group "Window Manager". Might be
worthwhile to do some more code archeology to find out where this was
(or still is) used.

The alternative fix is to rename the group to "X-Window Manager", but
that of course has the potential to break whatever code was or is
using this snipplet...

Matthias