Using metacity with libstartupnotify

Hi List,

I have a program launcher which starts up a program in a new thread. The
launcher uses libstartupnotify to change the cursor to an
eggtimer/watch. The launchee won't itself change the eggtimer back to a
normal cursor, so metacity needs to do that for me. Metacity looks at
the WM_CLASS atom and if it's present, it looks for a top level window
of that name to appear.

The trouble I'm having is how to find the right "resource name" to set
for a given program. How, for example would I find the right
resource_name to set in WM_CLASS for an xterm?

best regards,

Seb James

--
Embedded Software Foundry Ltd. 'Embedded Linux Development'
Tel: +44 (0)845 4580277   Web: http://www.esfnet.co.uk/