Re: wine's fullscreen code has no effect on metacity

I do not know if this helps, but on some games, Wine correctly activates
fullscreen mode in metacity, but in others, it just resizes the screen and
gets stuck that way... For example, Sim City 3000. Ubuntu Breezy and Fedora
Core 5 cannot seem to properly go into fullscreen mode. But when running
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? metacity properly activates fullscreen
mode with it. Same thing with ClueFinders, etc.
It may help. Unless someone else tries this before me, I'll have to
try a demo of this game.

Or maybe not. I think I've seen Worms 3D use fullscreen mode properly
before Wine ever had that implemented. It might just mean that opengl
provides another (but for some reason more compatible with metacity)
method for making windows fullscreen.

--
Vincent Povirk