Re: Turning compositing on and off at runtime

On 2/16/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
> On 2/15/06, Rob Adams <readams readams net> wrote:
> > It's not really a new feature; it just activates the currently dormant
> > metacity compositing.  Maybe it could be committed without the schema?
>
> Compositing isn't a new feature, but that's kind of beside the point;

Okay, so this was kind of beaten to death already but I think it's
also worthwhile to distinguish between various forms of 'new'.  Since
it's not compiled in by default and requires the --enable-compositor
configure switch to get it compiled, it has received extremely little
testing and thus ought to be considered a new feature from the
standpoint of the Gnome release even if it's not "new" code.