Re: [g-a-devel] Focus - AT vs. mouse/keyboard manipulation

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 18:06, Elijah Newren wrote:
> Yes, that's correct.  GDK_CURRENT_TIME/CurrentTime (gdk & X names for
> the same thing) are not useful in cases like this.

> > Would the value returned from gdk_x11_get_user_time() do the trick?
>
> Short answer: No, it would result in no change whatsoever from the
> current behavior, since this is precisely what gtk+ already does.

Hmm, thinking sideways a bit...

is there some event we could explicitly fire (inside either atk-bridge
or libgail -i.e. within the application's process space) which would
have no real effect on the running app but which would result in the
Xserver updating its user-time stamp?

Seems to me that's what we want - to tell the application "hey, the user
just interacted with you!".

Bill