Re: jhbuilding metacity

jhbuild by default will compile and install all metacity dependencies
first, recursively.  You can say jhbuild buildone metacity if you know
you have all the development dependencies installed on your system using
-dev or -devel packages.  jhbuild is more intended to build and test the
entire GNOME system at once.  If you only want to build metacity, it's
probably easier simply to use anonymous CVS directly.

For information on using GNOME CVS, please see
http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html

Also, there is a HACKING file in metacity along with some other
developer docs in the source code tree itself that you may want to check
out.

When you have a patch you think is good enough to be included in
metacity, make a bug at bugzilla.gnome.org and attach your patch.  One
of the friendly neighborhood metacity geeks (i.e. Elijah) will take a
look at it, hopefully soon.

-Rob