help with memprof, doesnt do anything !!

I am trying to get memprof to work, but it doesn't happen. This is what appears on the command line.

If I enter:  memprof ./run_mso_tg12_SF_7sct_15 (my executable)

 The GUI opens up and displays nothing. This is what is seen at the command prompt.

 memintercept (29933): _MEMPROF_SOCKET = /tmp/memprof.UjbNDc

memintercept (29933): New process, operation = NEW, old_pid = 0

My aim is to look at the memory allocation for each function (static and dynamic). Any suggestions as to what is happening and how I can get memprof working would be greatly appreciated. Further, I was suggested that valgrind (in this group) is another memory profiling tool. Does it give me the memory allocation for each function? Are there any other methods to do memory profiling? Please advise.

Regards,

Mani.