help with memprof, doesnt do anything !!

Hello,

When I run memprof this is the error that  I see,

voodoo01 RLMAC_Code_O2 # memprof

(memprof:22309): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

if I provide an executable (run_mso_tg12_SF_7sct_15) the GUI comes up but no profiling is done.
voodoo01 RLMAC_Code_O2 # memprof run_mso_tg12_SF_7sct_15

(memprof:22301): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
memintercept (22305): _MEMPROF_SOCKET = /tmp/memprof.ixrHFZ
memintercept (22305): New process, operation = NEW, old_pid = 0

Sometimes this is the error i see.

 The GUI opens up and displays nothing. This is what is seen at the command prompt.

 memintercept (29933): _MEMPROF_SOCKET = /tmp/memprof.UjbNDc

memintercept (29933): New process, operation = NEW, old_pid = 0

My aim is to look at the memory allocation for each function (static and dynamic). Any suggestions as to what is happening and how I can get memprof working would be greatly appreciated. Further, I was suggested that valgrind (in this group) is another memory profiling tool. Does it give me the memory allocation for each function? Are there any other methods to do memory profiling? Please advise.

Mani.