Re: memprof trouble on debian

yves vlaanderen net writes:

> I have looked at the sources of memprof and noticed some i386
> asm. My memprob 0.5.0 on debian PPC doesn't seem to find any symbols
> when i want to look up memleaks... Is this a i386-only app ?

The i386 asm isn't the (main) reason why it is an i386-only, app, but
yes, it is an i386 only app.

(The main reason it is i386-only, is that it doesn't contain the
necessary code to get stack tracebacks on other architectures - and in
fact, on many other architectures, a completely different and more
complex method would be needed. It also (not relevant for ppc32) is
badly non-64bit-clean.)

Regards,
                                        Owen